Monday, March 19, 2012

Running

I have decided that I am running 5K races with the other members of my family.  I am "old" and usually use that as an excuse when they run and I walk.  I have had it.  I am tired of not keeping up with my siblings.  

I checked out the internet for some advice and found a great site which has a schedule to follow  From Couch to 5K   It is almost like a personal trainer.  I am too cheap or embarrassed to hire a trainer.  Crazy, huh?

This is week 2 for me and I am actually "running" the course.  Last week the weather was cooperative enough to run outside but today no such luck.  I gathered up my courage and headed for the gym and the treadmill.  I have never wanted to run in the gym because I didn't want others to see my pace or the time which I can run.  Actually, that sounds so narcissistic.  No one is paying attention and I know it.  Anyway, I DID it.  I ran/walked for about 45 minutes!  Wahoo!!!  I am still on track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment